Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The easiest pancake mix ever

My son loves pancakes and will happily eat them every day.  My daughter is one of those 'can't eat more than 3 bites of food before 10 am' kids.  While I don't mind making pancakes every day, the batter gets a little stale in the fridge after a couple of days.  So in comes this fabulous recipe for pancake mix:

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

I throw it all into a plastic storage container, shake it up and leave it on the shelf. To make pancakes:

1 cup of pancake mix
1 egg
3/4 cup of milk




I used buttermilk only because I happen to have some today.  You can use regular milk or buttermilk.  This recipe makes about 4 of these:


So feel free to double it if you need more.  Since I like to sneak healthy into my food I add a little ground flaxseed to my pancake mix.  The kids don't notice the difference and I like the taste of flaxseed.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment